Amadablam is renowned for its incredible beauty. Located to the south of Everest and Lhotse which is characterized as vertical walls and sharp exposed ridges. We climb via the ascent route, the classic southwest ridge. The climb requires a strong mountaineering background and previous high altitude experience. We will fly to Lukla and trek to Amadablam base camp via Namche bazaar and Tyangboche. From base camp at an altitude of 4500m, we will erect at least three camps in the mountain slopes. Our highly experienced Sherpa team will fix the ropes and assist whenever necessary. From our high camp, we'll make the final push to summit along steep and snowcapped slopes. We will climb along a nicely exposed ridge providing unsurpassed views from one of the world's most coveted peaks.
The Unique Adventure International offers one of the highest quality commercial operations available in Amadablam. The expedition consists of ample support with delicious meals. We'll use plenty of Sherpa power to ensure the greatest chance of success.
Highlight of the trip
- Alpine style climbing.
- Passing through Namche Bazaar (gateway to Mt. Everest).
- Explore 200 years old Tyangboche monastery, Pangboche monastery.
- Panoramic views of the dozens of grand Himalayan peaks.
Fact of the trip
Destination: Mount Amadablam (6856m) Group Size : Min - 1 Minimum Altitude : 2857meter Maximum Altitude : 6812meter Season : Spring & Autumn Transportation : Airplane Accommodation: Hotel, Guesthouse, Tented Camp Duration : 35 Days Entry : Lukla Exit : Lukla
BY TOM RUMSEY The Himalayas is one of those places that very few people ever have the fortune to read more...
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport by our representative, transfer to hotel.
Day 02 - 03 : Stay at Kathmandu for the official procedure, overnight at hotel.
Day 04 : Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05 : Trek Namche Bazaar 3,410 meters, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06 : Rest day in Namche for acclimatization, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07 : Trek to Tyangboche, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 08 : Trek to Amadablam base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 09 : Stay at Base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 10 - 29 : Climbing period to Mt. Amadablam.
Day 30 : Trek to Khumjung, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 31 : Trek to Phakding, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 32 : Trek to Lukla, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 33 : Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 34 : Rest in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 35 : Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination.
The cost includes the following Service
• Airport transfers (domestic and international both).
• Press conference arrangement.
• 5 nights hotel accommodation at Hotel Yak and Yeti or similar with breakfast.
• Mt. Amadablam climbing permit fees.
• Sagarmatha National Park Permit and TIMS permits fee.
• Food and fuel at base camp, higher camps during the expedition period.
• North Face or similar quality high altitude tent for higher camps.
• Single tent for each member, staffs, climbing Sherpa at the base camp.
• 5 bottles of oxygen per member with mask and regulator.
• One high altitude Sherpa for one climber (1:1) who assist you whilst on climbing and summit attempt as well as will carry food and gears to high camps.
• Government liaison officer.
• Expert cook and kitchen boy.
• Porters / Yaks to and from base camp.
• Equipment allowances and wages for the climbing Sherpas, liaison officer, cook, kitchen boys, porters.
• Insurance for the climbing Sherpas, liaison officer, cook, kitchen boys, porters.
• Group climbing equipment such as necessary fixed rope, ice screws, ice bars etc.
• Restop toilet bag.
• Solar panel at the base camp.
• Satalite phone (Pay Call).
• Walkie Talkie for each staff and member.
• Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
• All camping equipment such as store tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, table, chairs and necessary kitchen utensils.
• Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight for member, staffs, liaison officer.
• All government paper works and procedures, applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulation.
• First aid medical kit, duffel bag for trekking and area map.
• Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepalese restaurant.
The cost does not includes the following Service
• Personal climbing gears.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
• Extra hotels in Kathmandu (after 5 nights).
• Personal climbing insurance which covers travel, medical, accident, evacuation etc.
• Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone, e-mail, etc.
• Bar and beverage bills.
• Applicable permit fees and custom charges for using communication equipment, commercial filming, Satellite phone etc.
• Climbing bonus + Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
• Gratitute for the staffs.
• Fixed rope
• Main rope
• Oxygen, Mask and regulator
• Climbing tents, food, fuel, light (up to summit from base camp)
• Down Sleeping Bag for ABC and climbing
• Down Jacket
• Gore-Tex jacket Trouser or any company
• Climbing boot double best company
• Trekking Boot
• ICE-axe with Ice hammer
• Get up (Boot clover)
• Snow Glass
• Main rope
• ICE Screw
• Shovel small
• Head Light
• Wind Proof Jacket & trouser
• Down Trouser
• Wind Proof Trouser
• Water Bottle
• Woolen Gloves
• Bag Cover
• Wind mask for climbing
• Climbing glove
• Socks for climbing
• Personal Medicine
• Eight figure
›› Sept 12th, 24th, 30th 2013/14
›› Oct 09th, 15th, 23th 2013/14
›› Nov 2nd, 11th, 21th 2012/13
›› Mar 5th, 10th, 23th 2013/14
›› Apr 5th, 12th, 21th 2013/14
Besides the fixed departures, we manage other departure dates as per your requirements. We request you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for price and other details.