1 Day Island Peak Climbing
- Country: Nepal
- Destination: Island Peak
- Maximum altitude: 6160
- Group size: 1
- Best Season: Spring and Autumn
Island Peak also known as Imje Tse is one of the most popular Himalayan Mountains. It is known for its appearance of an island adrift on sea of ice. It serves up for both novice climbers as well as the experienced climbers. Island peak is known as an alternate for Everest who is keen to learn the art of mountain climbing. The summit though physically demanding it is not technically challenging. It offers one of the easiest and safest climbing experiences in the Himalayas. This expedition fulfills more than enough for those having time constraints. The summit stands adjacent to world's largest ice walls offering stunning views of its neighboring Himalayan Mountains that dominate the skyline. The scenic views of Nuptse, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Ama Dablam and Baruntse can be view unobstructed at their full glory.
SUMMIT ISLAND PEAK and back to BASE CAMP
We begin our climb early in the morning to avoid the afternoon strong winds. The first touch of sunlight over the snowcapped mountains provides a mesmerizing delight. The trail starts from the base camp and gradually ascends on the grass filled hill before being filled with boulders. The trail becomes narrow and rocky before leading to the summit glacier where the path is filled with snow. As we go across crevasses the summit begins from here.
At the summit we reward ourselves with the glorious view that surrounds us. After spending quality time, we descend back to the Base Camp following the same path.
What is included?
- Island Peak Climbing Permit.
- Experienced English Speaking Climbing Sherpa Guide.
- 1 breakfast, 1 luch and 1 dinner with tea and coffee
- All climbing equipment - Ropes, Ice Axe, Harness, Carbine, Ice Screws, Crampons, Boots etc.
What is not included?
- Hotel in Kathmandu (we can assist you if required).
- Everest National Park Entry Permit and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fee (we can assist you if required).
- Flight Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu (we can assist you if required).